<body> <body>

Saturday, September 30, 2006

there's no place in KL that Yips and I Ping can't reach

HEAVENLY CHOCOLATE CAKE

On Wednesday, I was invited over to

's

crib in Penang to bake a chocolate cake named Heavenly Chocolate Cake, a recipe taken from Kraft Foods. The thought self-baked cake full of cocoa had me being in quite a good mood while driving over. In fact, the whether was superb it was a pity I didn't stop for photography. All I did was steering with one hand and clicking away with another.

on the Penang bridge

a shot I took while stopping by to call Iping. This makes me feel like going on a vacation.
alamak~ can see reflection of the interior of my car
And we wasted no time upon reaching (of course la we had some catching up to do, stories to tell... but then started work as soon as possible).
The ladies at work were (in alphabetical order):
who bullies Jane around and loves to mingle with the mixer.
(looking rather hungry) and probably did the most dishwashing out of the group. (I am still in awe of how tall and slim she is)
The (sexy) Master Chef who instructed us on what to do and also willingly risked her kitchen to our amateur baking skills. *hugs hugs* (gurl, your pic a bit pixelated I'm not quite sure why. I need someone to teach me how to work photoshop!)
and me: the egg poser and also the one behind the camera for all the shots.
Pre-showdown: buy ingredients which included
"1 pkg. (2-layer size) chocolate cake mix (not pudding in the mix variety)
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, divided
3 eggs
1 cup MIRACLE WHIP Dressing (got yogurt instead)
4 oz. (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
1 Tbsp. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
2-1/2 cups sifted powdered sugar (sponsor from Shzeli's aunt)"
(Jane and I Ping had early grocery shopping in Sunshine Square)
Pre-showdown (2) : Print the recipe and stick it to your refridgerator
(for referring purposes)
Now we're talking business
Step 1:
STIR cake mix and 1/2 cup of the cocoa in large mixing bowl. Add eggs, 1-1/3 cups water and dressing; beat with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, scraping bowl frequently. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes.
a happy Shzeli giving us tips on how to mingle with the blender
Shzeli: No Bubbles! Must be NO BUBBLES~

Step 2:
Pour into prepared pan.
Step 3:
BAKE 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
before baking.
Step 4:
Cool completely on wire rack.
after baking. It looks glittery and shimmering!
Step 5:
BEAT cream cheese, milk and vanilla with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Gradually add combined powdered sugar and remaining 1/4 cup cocoa, beating well after each addition. Spread over cake. Cut into 16 pieces to serve.

Let's see what goes on behind the scenes...
Shzeli at work--
(the girls messing around)
IPing : eh what is this for?
Jane: *ponders* UKO unidentified kitchen object
Shzeli again working tirelessly.
the girls yet messing around.
I Ping & Jane : Lick it off quick!
see the poor girl...

with angelic faces, together now... WE LOVE YOU SHZELI~
*hungry*
and this was what we ended up with
VERY HEAVENLY INDEED
We were quite proud of our end product (though we used the pudding cake mix)- Very chocolaty and yummy!



While waiting for the cake to bake, we watched :
a parody of Pride and Prejudice by the director of Bend It Like Beckham. It has elements of romance, comedy and musical in it- what I loved most was the saree's worn by the actresses: colourful and sexy.
tah pau
I seriously cannot wait for the next baking session!
-yips-


stomped by Yi Ping at 2:02 AM

7 c|ixs:

Anonymous Anonymous ranted...

Errrrmmmmmmmmm *drooling* Can i have some?

3:37 PM  
Blogger Yi Ping ranted...

too bad I finished it already.. memang laku... XD

4:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous ranted...

How dare you.... Ei you promise to bake for me when u get back DUN FORGET.

At first i thought it wouldn't turn out that great but i doubted your skills. The picture itself make me drool nonestop. Got to be some kick arse chocolate cake. I think i'll go to heaven after i eat it. *thinking bout it and still drooling*

6:29 PM  
Blogger Yi Ping ranted...

haha...too bad ler..none of us left anymore cake..its too yummy till we ate it all on the day itself..im so proud of myself..aren't u yips?hehe

1:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous ranted...

Did yips actually did anything? Or she just stand there and hold the eggs only? =P

5:47 AM  
Blogger Yi Ping ranted...

eh eh... I'm not only in charge of holding the eggs la... It's only because I'm behind the camera that's why you don't see me at work...

12:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous ranted...

Ok ok ^ ^ I believe you.... =D

12:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



WHO's WHO?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Malaysia


www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing photos in a set called 29.08.06. Make your own badge here.
QUICK QUILL



SPREAD THE LOVE!




TRANSLATIONS

CHINESE
KOREAN
SPANISH
FRENCH
ITALIAN
JAPANESE


READ 'EM




Ang Gu Gu
Sixth Seal


CIRCLE OF BLOGGERS






















































Jeeva

Yien Yee

Oon-Yow

Agnes

Ming Zi

Daniel Ho

Hit the Jackpot?

CAN"T GET ENOUGH OF US




EPISODIC MEMORIES

Haven't been updating for quite sometime..Not real...
I've been really slacking off on things once I hit...
The Pings will be on HIATUS until further noticeIP...
Exam is finally over!!YipYip Hurray!!We went for l...
As to celebrate Feli's last paper, we went out for...
I came across this from one of Kenny Sia's previou...
*Grunt grunt*Sushi King Membership Promobut a very...
the mood in AE1 seems kind of dreary since it is a...
Vote for BPsych's Hottest New Coupleaustin *heart*...
SS15 - Asia CafeWent out for supper after closing ...


ARCHIVES

June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
March 2007


CREDITS

Layout by: adventchild
Header/Banner by: adventchild
Music hosted by: Yi Ping
Bloghost: Blogger


POWERED BY